$2500 Retention Bonus for part time !!!
Powerback is a new way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation, respiratory, and wellness services to patients across the nation. We deliver an empowered approach to achieving your full potential by providing integrated and individualized solutions. Our reimagined approach to rehabilitation connects directly to the patient experience, which is centered on transforming the road to recovery for everyone and helping patients get their power back. It's patient-centered care that provides a sustainable way of feeling better, moving better, breathing better, and living better.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under general supervision and medical direction performs respiratory care related procedures. Exercises considerable judgment in accordance with physician's treatment plan and within the scope of departmental policies and procedures. Scope of practice includes patient/family assessment and management, resource management, care facilitation, and discharge planning as required. Assesses resident's condition, administers prescribed therapy and aerosolized medications, observes and records resident's progress and response to therapy modalities including adverse reactions to drugs and therapy. Provides in-service training to residents, family members, and facility staff. Resident population is primarily adult and geriatric. Utilizes knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the resident's age to ensure that care provided meets the unique, physical and psychological needs of the resident. Involves appropriate parties (i.e. resident's family or facility staff) in the assessment, treatment, and continuing care of the resident as needed.
1. Initiates, monitors and maintains life support systems for residents in the skilled nursing facility.
a. Performs airway care and maintenance.
b. Manages artificial ventilator status as directed by an approved protocol.
c. Maintains and troubleshoots mechanical ventilators.
d. Participates in cardiopulmonary resuscitation procedures of bag ventilation and closed chest massage.
2. Initiates, monitors and documents performance of various respiratory care modalities.
3. Performs assessment of residents' cardiopulmonary status utilizing physical assessment and history taking skills, laboratory findings, radiological studies of the chest, pulmonary function testing and professional judgment to formulate a respiratory care plan upon the order of a physician.
4. Performs various tasks prior to treating a resident as follows:
a. Check physician's orders for completeness.
b. Orders to include: diagnosis, ICD -10 code, type and duration of therapy, type and dosage of medication, FI02 and frequency.
c. Check resident's chart for history, physical and for pertinent information to determine precautions to be observed at bedside.
d. Observe and chart: pulse, respiration, breath sounds (number and quality), and resident's general appearance, including breathing exercises and teaching and training to residents.
e. Notify supervisor of all new starts and discontinued residents.
5. Administers proper technical respiratory care procedures. Dispenses proper dosage of medication, acquires and adjusts devices to insure optimal results from therapy. This includes mask, mouthpiece, or Trach equipment for resident's comfort and ease of operation, regulates flow and pressure of equipment. Observes resident's respiratory rate and pattern, pulse, breath sounds, reaction to medication, any difficulty with therapy during and after treatment. Chart and communicate to the resident's nurse any pertinent information. Observe thorough and accurate charting technique.
6. Inspects and tests equipment, disassembles, cleans, reassembles equipment as required. Maintains adequate supply of necessary equipment. Performs administrative duties and record keeping when required. Disposes of equipment properly.
7. Assists in emergency cardio-pulmonary resuscitation as an integral part of the emergency team. Therapist is required to be CPR certified.
8. Initiates, administers, evaluates response to, and documents all therapy modalities according to departmental procedure and ordered by a physician including: intermittent positive pressure breathing, hand held nebulizer, chest physical therapy modalities, including percussion, vibration, breathing and cough retraining exercises, deep tracheal suctioning, incentive spirometry, sputum induction.
9. Recognizes resident's adverse reaction to therapy modalities and takes correct action.
10. Documents all resident care services rendered as part of a medical record.
11. Accepts and transcribes verbal orders related to respiratory care procedures.
12. Sets up, maintains and records log entries on all types of oxygen and respiratory supplies and equipment as required.
13. Instructs residents and family members in the rationale and methodology of every respiratory procedure administered to each resident to facilitate resident cooperation, understanding and efficiency of treatment. Work towards set goals to reach maximum rehabilitation potential.
14. Attends internal and external educational programs and reads appropriate professional journals in order to maintain and enhance technical skills and clinical competencies.
15. Participates in interdisciplinary resident rounds and conferences to plan and evaluate effective resident care.
16. Participates in quality assurance program data collection as assigned.
17. Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab services; adherence to an established plan of care, department and patient(s)' schedule, and timely documentation of services.
18. Participates in general equipment troubleshooting and specific tasks to optimize accuracy of diagnostic equipment including quality control methods and preventive maintenance and calibration.