This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Summary: Responsible for all resin handling. Blending, crystallizing, and drying of raw materials to be transferred to the extruders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for unloading and handling of all raw resin materials.
- Mixing, blending and conditioning of resin materials in the unadyn room.
- Assists in extruding thermoplastic materials.
- Change filters and dump dust pans accordingly.
- Accurately document temperatures and process issues on visual factory charts.
- Accurately document weights from silos, super sacks and gaylords.
- Is required to be certified to operate forklift, scissor lift, aerial lift and crane.
- Will mix thermoplastic materials, according to formula, for feeding extrusion machine.
- Housekeeping on a daily basis.
It is the intent, objective and philosophy of Pactiv to produce safe, legal and quality products. Pactiv makes every effort to ensure product conformity at each manufacturing step while maintaining a safe production environment and a workforce superior for the thermoforming of food contact packaging products.
To ensure product safety, this position will:
- Adhere to Pactivs GMP requirements
- Identity product and/or situations that risk product contamination
- Close and seal boxes adequately to prevent contamination
- Identify product and/or situations that violate cleaning and pest control requirements
- Inform quality regarding nonconforming product so it can be segregated
- Make certain that no glass is brought into the facility
- Not store product directly on the floor
- Only place goods in approved containers
- Not use Pactiv containers for storing miscellaneous items
- Practice good hygiene and not eat, drink (water in plastic bottles is allowed) or use tobacco except in designated areas
- Clean work area using approved chemicals, equipment and techniques
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess a high school diploma. Previous experience in the plastics industry is helpful. He / She must possess excellent verbal skills and understanding. He / She must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
At Pactiv, continuous innovation and development has secured our place as one of the worlds largest manufacturers and distributors of foodservice and food packaging products. Pactiv currently produces custom and stock foam, plastic, aluminum, pressed-paperboard, PE coated board, and molded-fiber packaging. Our global force of almost 12,000 team members allows us to supply packers, processors, supermarkets, restaurants, institutions and foodservice industries around the world. Over the years, Pactiv has consistently outpaced the competition in safety, innovation and strategic acquisitions. Want to learn more? Visitwww.Pactiv.com
Pactiv is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law. "IND1P" #ZR