Westlake Chemical is accepting applications for a full-time opening for Supervisor-Production position at its Natrium chemicals manufacturing facility, located near Proctor, West Virginia.
This is a supervisory level role responsible for the supervision of production staff. This is a non-engineering role that oversees other non-engineering staff. This position will work all shifts on a rotating shift schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Directly supervises and directs hourly employees in a production unit
• Maintain a safe working environment while maximizing production efficiency.
• Ensure environmental compliance at all times.
• Understand and troubleshoot equipment and processes in the department
• Responsible for assessing situation(s) and prioritizing resources.
• Prepare equipment for maintenance and perform required permitting.
• Serve the role of Incident Commander during plant emergency events.
• Serve as a member of the plant Emergency Crew during plant emergencies.
• Call in maintenance and operations personnel as needed
• Communicate with coworkers via email, electronic logbook, or other means.
• Minimum 5 years previous industrial supervisory experience is a must. Experience in a Union environment is preferred.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office products are required.
• Problem solving and strong communication skills are required.
• The ability to work independently or in a team environment is required.
• Previous emergency crew or Incident Command experience preferred.
• Previous experience with shift work preferred.
To apply or to view additional opportunities, go to
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: Proctor, WV (US - 26055)